So you’re thinking of getting a permanent lip tattoo? Lip tattoos, also known as lip blushing, are becoming more and more popular every day. But how much does a permanent lip tattoo cost? What is the treatment procedure like? How long does a lip tattoo last? We’ll answer all of those questions and more in this blog post!
Lip tattoos, also known as lip blushing tattoo, are a trendy type of permanent makeup procedures that involves tattooing pigment onto the lips. The result is a subtle tint that can either enhance your natural lip color or give you a completely new shade. Lip blushing is perfect for those who want to add a bit of color to their lips without having to wear lipstick every day.
Other Benefits of A Lip Tattoo Include:
- Give the appearance of fuller lips without lip fillers
- Lasts longer than traditional lipstick
- Redefines the border of the lip
- Neutralizes discolored lips to an ideal color
- More cost effective in the long run
- Can enhance the natural color of the lip
- Treatment is quick and easy
- Creates more symmetrical lips
So, how much does a permanent lip tattoo cost?
Permanent Lip Tattoo Cost
The price of a cosmetic lip tattoo will vary depending on the artist you choose and the complexity of the design. Generally, a lip tattoo will cost between $250 and $550. Some artists may charge more or less than this, so it is always best to do your research beforehand.
An experienced cosmetic tattoo artist can charge around $700 – $900 for their expertise and unique lip tattoo techniques. One of the most requested lip tattoo techniques is the Signature Effortless Lips Lip Blushing Technique created by Leanne Venter, Owner and Master Trainer of Effortless Arches.
The Effortless Lips Technique is all about the right pressure and shading technique allowing the lips to collect the pigment and heal faster. It is a semi-permanent lip tattoo that will fade to a natural lip color.
So is lip tattooing worth the cost?
For many people, the answer is YES! A semi-permanent lip will give you a fantastic way to enhance your natural lip color if you feel like it has faded over time.
How Long Does A Lip Tattoo Last?
How long a lip tattoo lasts will depend on the type of tattoo ink that is used, how fast your body heals, how much pigment your lips absorb and if the proper aftercare instructions are followed.
The pigment on your lips is not permanent. It is a semi-permanent makeup and the color will fade overtime. The rapid turn over of the cells in the lip area is why lip pigments will fade.
Most lip tattoos will last around 2-3 years. However, you should go in once a year for a touch-up to add additional color to your lips.
If you are considering a lip tattoo, be sure to do your research and find a reputable cosmetic tattoo artist near you. Once you have found the right artist, they will be able to help you determine the best lip color for your skin tone.
What Lip Tattoo Color Is Best For Your Skin Tone?
The lip color you choose is the color scheme that goes best with your skin tone. You want to find a lip color that is complementary to your skin tone. The most popular lip colors are:
Below we will give some examples of the color schemes you should choose when selecting a lip tattoo color to achieve a natural look.
Pale Skin Color
If you have pale skin, you will want to go with a nude, peach or light pink lip.
If you have pink undertones, you will want to with a dark red or orange-red hues
If you have yellow undertones you will want go with red colors or nudes. Stay away from colors that have yellow or purple hues to it.
Olive/Medium Skin Color
If you have an olive skin tone, you will want to go with red, mauve or coral colors. Avoid colors that are too dark or have purple hues.
Light Asian Skin Color
If you have a light Asian skin tone, you will want to choose coral or red colors.
If you have dark color skin and dark lips you will want to choose coral or orange hue colors.
Your permanent makeup artist will go over the color options with you prior to your lip tattoo session to make sure the right color is chosen. If your permanent lip tattoo doesn’t turn out the way you like you can a laser treatment to help remove the tattoo but it doesn’t always remove the pigment.
Before Your Lip Tattooing Procedure
Before the day of your lip tattoo session you will want to avoid certain foods and drinks.
– Avoid drinking alcohol or coffee the day of your appointment as this can thin your blood and make you bleed more during the procedure.
– Also, avoid eating spicy foods as they can cause swelling.
– It’s best to eat a light meal before your appointment.
You will want to make sure your lips are hydrated before your lip tattoo appointment.
– Use a lip balm with SPF in it to protect your lips from the sun and keep them moisturized.
– Try to avoid using chapstick or lip gloss with glitter as this can get stuck in the needles and cause irritation.
If you have an allergic reactions to numbing cream , please let your artist know before the start of the permanent lip tattoo procedure.
Lip Tattoo Procedure :
– After numbing cream is applied and the area is cleaned, your artist will begin drawing on your lips with a pen or concealer along the natural lip line to help them determine the shape and size of your tattoo. This outline will look like a permanent lip liner,
– Once you are happy with the shape of your lips, they will transfer the design onto your skin with a stencil.
– Next, they will apply the chosen pigment to your lips with a tattoo machine that has small needles.
– Your permanent makeup artist will then go over the tattooed area with a shading motion to cover the entire lip in pigment. Depending on the color and your lips several passes may be needed to get the ideal color of your lips.
Once your cometic tattooing session is complete your artist will go over all the aftercare instructions and healing process.
– Avoid makeup, kissing, or touching your lips for at least 24 hours after the procedure.
– Gently clean your lips with a cotton ball soaked in sterile saline solution or distilled water.
– Apply a thin layer of petroleum jelly to your lips.
– Repeat these steps for the next few days or until your lips are fully healed.
-Ice packs can be used for the first few hours after the procedure to reduce swelling.
-Vitamin E ointment can be applied to help with the healing process.
The first day or two after your procedure, your lips will appear slightly swollen and red. They may also feel tender or sore. These side effects are normal and usually resolve within a few days. Once the initial swelling goes down, you’ll be able to see the true color of your tattoo.
Most people report that the healing process is relatively painless. Some people may experience minor discomfort, similar to that of a sunburn, for the first day or two.
The color of your tattoo will also appear darker than it will be once it is fully healed.
You may experience some peeling or flaking of the skin around your tattoo during the healing process. It can take up to two weeks for your tattoo to heal completely.
Once it is healed, you will need to use sunscreen to protect your tattoo from fading in the sun.
The color will appear softer and more natural as your skin regenerates and heals itself. It is important to remember that everyone’s skin heals differently, so some may see results sooner
Lip blushing is a great way to add color and definition to your lips without having to worry about your makeup smudging or fading throughout the day. If you are considering a lip tattoo, be sure to consult with a reputable cosmetic tattoo artist to get the best results.
How To Find A Permanent Lip Tattoo Near Me?
If you are interested in getting a permanent lip tattoo, the first step is to find a reputable artist near you. You can search online for cosmetic tattoo artists in your area by using Google and typing in “lip tattoo near me”, or ask your friends and family if they know of any recommended artists. Once you have found a few potential artists, be sure to read reviews and look at before and after photos to get an idea of their work. When you have found an artist you are comfortable with, book a consultation appointment to discuss your desired results.
Frequently Asked Questions
Cosmetic procedures should not be done for any of the following:
– Anyone with certain skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, or dermatitis
– People who are pregnant or breastfeeding
– Have diabetes or a history of keloids
– People who have had previous cosmetic tattooing that has resulted in unsatisfactory results
– Have a history of allergies to makeup or tattoo inks
– Who have had radiation therapy in the treatment of cancer
-Anyone who is prone to cold sores
The ideal candidate from a lip tattoo is someone with good oral hygiene, no history of cold sores, and realistic expectations. If you have ever had a cold sore, you are not a candidate for lip tattooing as it can cause the virus to reactivate. Candidates should also be aware that there is a small risk of infection and scarring with any type of tattooing.
After your lip tattoo procedure, it is important to follow your artist’s aftercare instructions. They will likely recommend a very gentle cleanser and a light moisturizer. You should avoid sun exposure and pick-up anything hot with your lips for at least two weeks following the procedure. You can also find a lip product that has vitamin E which helps to heal the lips.
If you are considering getting a lip tattoo, be sure to do your research and find a reputable artist who can give you the results you desire. A lip tattoo is a permanent procedure, so it is important that you are completely satisfied with the final result. Be sure to ask your artist any questions you may have, and follow their aftercare instructions to ensure that your tattoo heals properly.
People Also Search For: